What’s the ______ center?

<p>The Health Center can help students experiencing pneumonia, sinus infections, abdominal pain and more. There are several on campus centers that specialize in specific areas to help students. <strong>DN file.</strong></p>

The Health Center can help students experiencing pneumonia, sinus infections, abdominal pain and more. There are several on campus centers that specialize in specific areas to help students. DN file.

Whether you need help with something academic or have a health issue, Ball State has a variety of centers that can help with almost anything a student may need.

Make sure to look up these centers on Ball State’s website before visiting them in person to be aware of any COVID-19 restrictions. However, all of them continue offering virtual/remote services during the pandemic despite their offices being closed.

Below is a list of what these centers and services have to offer, according to Ball State’s website.

Career Center:

The center assists students with exploring career options. It serves the university in career and professional-development, on-campus student employment, employer relations and post-graduate outcomes. Students can also virtually use the center’s VMock system to evaluate their resumes. The Career Center is located on the second floor of Lucina Hall.

Disability Services:

Located in the L. A. Pittenger Student Center, this resource can assist in creating an environment that fosters access and opportunity for students with disabilities. This service helps coordinate accommodations for students with disabilities.

Health Center:

The Health Center can manage most medical problems including but not limited to upper respiratory infections, strep throat, mononucleosis, pneumonia, sinus infections, abdominal pain, heartburn, rashes, chest pain, depression, anxiety, headaches, back pain, acne and ankle/shoulder/knee/wrist injuries. It provides STI testing, allergy shots and immunizations/vaccinations.

Learning Center:

This center offers student-centered programs and services that enhance students’ success. Its services include tutoring, test proctoring and supplemental instruction for all core classes and foreign languages. The center is on the third floor of North Quad.

Multicultural Center:

Not only does the center seek to help minority students on campus, but it also assists in educating the campus community on issues regarding race and diversity. The center also serves as a place for students to get together and hang out, get papers done in the computer lab or get research done in the Malcolm X Library.

Rinker Center for International Programs:

This center serves as Ball State’s resource for international study. Its services include academic engagement and global initiatives, international recruitment and admissions, international student services and study abroad. The Rinker Center is located in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center.

The Writing Center:

This center provides free one-to-one tutoring on writing projects for any member of the Ball State community. The center is staffed with a collection of undergraduate students and graduate tutors from a variety of fields. It has two locations — in the Robert Bell Building and Bracken Library.