Indiana Capital Chronicle

Email Indiana Capital Chronicle

Articles

WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 07: U.S. President Joe Biden delivers the State of the Union address during a joint meeting of Congress in the House chamber at the U.S. Capitol on March 07, 2024 in Washington, DC. This is Biden’s last State of the Union address before the general election this coming November. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
NEWS

Indiana Capital Chronicle: Biden warns ‘freedom and democracy are under attack’ in fierce State of the Union address

In remarks pivotal to his reelection this fall, President Joe Biden in his State of the Union address Thursday night portrayed himself as the defender of democracy, touted the bipartisan deals he’s brokered during his first term in office and appealed to Congress to support Ukraine in its battle against the Russian invasion.

Media

NEWS

BidenSOTU-scaled-1-2048x1366.jpg

WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 07: U.S. President Joe Biden gives a copy of his speech to Speaker of the House Mike Johnson (R-LA) as Vice President Kamala Harris applauds as he arrives for the State of the Union address in the House chamber at the U.S. Capitol on March 07, 2024 in Washington, DC. This is Biden’s last State of the Union address before the general election this coming November. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)
NEWS

speech-scaled-1.jpg