Indiana Capital Chronicle

Email Indiana Capital Chronicle

Articles

Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb speaks March 23, 2021, during a statewide address. During the address, Holcomb announced Indiana's vaccination eligibility plans and an end date for the statewide mask mandate. Indiana Governor's Office, Photo Provided
SPECIAL ELECTION

Indiana Captial Chronicle: Indiana governor calls special election to replace U.S. Rep Jackie Walorski

Indiana’s governor on Tuesday formally called a special election to fill the congressional seat made vacant after U.S. Representative Jackie Walorski, R-2nd, was killed last week in a car crash. The special election to complete Walorski’s unexpired term will be held concurrently with the general election on Nov. 8, according to Gov. Eric Holcomb’s executive order.

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - JULY 25: Indiana State Senators meet in the Senate chamber while members of the public watch from the gallery in the Indiana State Capitol building on July 25, 2022, in Indianapolis, Indiana. Activists are gathering during a special session of the Indiana state Senate concerning abortion access in the state. (Photo by Jon Cherry/Getty Images)
INDIANA SPECIAL SESSION

Indiana Capital Chronicle: No supporters on first day of Indiana abortion bill debate

Droves of abortion-rights and anti-abortion activists who descended on the Indiana Statehouse Monday were opposed to a Republican proposal that would ban virtually all abortions in the state. The widespread pushback indicates an upward battle for Indiana’s Republican supermajority, which is seeking to limit access to abortions in Indiana after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the landmark Roe v. Wade opinion in late June.