Buzz Aldrin: Where were you when I walked on moon?

Astronaut Neil Armstrong, commander of Apollo 11 and the first person to walk on the moon, has died Saturday, August 25, 2012. He was 82. In this July 20, 1969 file photo, portrait of the prime crew of the Apollo 11 lunar landing mission. From left to right they are: Commander, Neil A. Armstrong, Command Module Pilot, Michael Collins, and Lunar Module Pilot, Edwin E. Aldrin Jr. (NASA/MCT)

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — Buzz Aldrin says he was “out of town” on July 20, 1969, and missed the world’s Apollo 11 celebration.

Forty-five years later, Aldrin wants to know where everyone was that Sunday when he and Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon. He’s set up a YouTube channel inviting celebrities and ordinary people to share their memories of that day.

Among those reminiscing via social media: actors Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, and London’s mayor, Boris Johnson.

It’s the first big anniversary of man’s first moon landing without Armstrong. He died in 2012 at age 82.

Aldrin and Michael Collins, the command module pilot, will take part in a NASA ceremony at Florida’s Kennedy Space Center on Monday. Armstrong’s name will be added to the historic Operations and Checkout Building.