Ways to watch the Super Bowl

In the old days, the only way to watch the Super Bowl was either in person or through a broadcast television — that thing with the rabbit ears. While there’s always been radio, those options were it to actually see the action.

Now the fancy age of the Internet offers more options.

TV
The television is the traditional route. Fox got the contract to broadcast the games, so turn on Fox. Nothing complicated here.

Computer stream
Since Fox got the deal to broadcast the game, the company will stream it, too. A report by Variety stated that Fox will use this as an opportunity to showcase FOX Sports Go, an online sports streaming service. While usually requiring a cable subscription to access, the service will be free for the Super Bowl only. So grab that laptop, plug in an ethernel cable — nothing can kill the mood like buffering — and hook that bad boy up to the TV for the best of both worlds. The stream will even include the half time show.

Tablet
So here’s where things get dicey. While FOX Sports GO is available free on both iPad and iPhone, sorry Android users, it can only stream the Super Bowl to the tablet version. This is because the NFL has a separate deal stipulating that only Verizon can stream the game to mobile devices. So with an iPad, a person will be in business.

Mobile
Funny as it may sound, the smallest screen is going to cost the most. Mobile streaming is being done through the NFL Mobile App, partnered with Verizon. The app has a bunch of features, but the flagship ability is that it’ll be the only way to watch the Seahawks and Broncos on a phone. A $5 membership fee is required. The app is available on iOS, Blackberry, Windows Phone and Android. Everyone knows that football is best viewed when hunched over and gripping a small, ever-heating device with sweaty hands.