Week in review: July 31

<p>Samantha Brammer // DN File</p>

Samantha Brammer // DN File

August is here and the start of the 2017 school year is right around the corner. 

While you enjoy some of those last visits to the pool this summer, be sure to save some time to look at some of the biggest stories from the Ball State Daily News this past week.

Ball State professor returns from London with World Champions  - July 28, 2017 

Larry Judge and his athletes went into the 2017 World Para Athletics Championships with one goal – to sweep the competition. 

Ball State improves on-time graduation rate, according to report - July 28, 2017

According to the 2017 College Completion Report released by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education, more Hoosier students are earning degrees and graduating on time. 

MPD officer takes community leaders on the road - Aug. 1, 2017

One Muncie Police Department officer has dedicated his Wednesday afternoons to bringing community leaders out on the road with him. 

Ball State warns students about fraudulent emails - Aug. 1, 2017

Even though campus isn't as busy during the summer, a large number of fraudulent emails are being sent to Ball State faculty, staff and students, according to the Office of Information Security Services. 

Board of Trustees announces President Mearns' installation - Aug. 1, 2017

The Ball State Board of Trustees have announced and invited the university and Muncie community to participate in President Geoffrey S. Mearns' upcoming installation. 

5 Ball State research studies you should know about - Aug. 3, 2017

It has been a busy summer for Ball State. Campus has welcomed a new president, undergone major construction changes and had famous alumnus David Letterman donate more than 1,000 items to the university.