Week in review: August 7

<p>Reagan Allen // DN File</p>

Reagan Allen // DN File

Welcome week is nearly here, as you move back onto campus, be sure to stay in the loop as the school year begins.

Here's the weekly rundown of the top stories form the Ball State Daily News.

Ball State student produces show for Delaware County Sheriff's office  - Aug. 7, 2017 

As Delaware County deputies respond to calls across the county, one student is right with them filming all of the action.    

Ball State projects record for student enrollment - Aug. 8, 2017

With classes starting in less than two weeks, Ball State is preparing for the possibility of breaking multiple records for fall enrollment.    

Ball State women's volleyball senior surprised with scholarship - Aug. 8, 2017

During the first preseason meeting of the season for women's volleyball, senior Jessica Linsdey she was going to be a guest on The Net Live, a weekly volleyball podcast, with head coach Kelli Miller.

But Lindsey had no idea what was going to happen next.

David Letterman to return to TV with Netflix series - Aug. 9, 2017

(AP) - David Letterman, who said goodbye to his long-running talk show two years ago, will say hello to TV again with a new show for Netflix.

Muncie is ranked 2nd least costly college town in US - Aug. 9, 2017

Muncie has done it again, the city was named one of Realtors.com's least expensive college towns in America when it comes to the housing market. 

Riley Neal focused on finishing, situational football entering junior season - Aug. 10, 2017

Riley Neal didn't participate in spring practice due to surgery on his non-throwing shoulder, but he was still putting in work.   

LaFollette Brick Project raises $15,000 for scholarship - Aug. 10, 2017

Mysch/Hurst and Woody/Shales halls have come tumbling down this summer as part of the $3.4 million demolition project of the LaFollette Complex.