Ball State cancels assistant treasurer forum

What is the vice president for business affairs and treasurer?

• Manages the university's finances.
  • Gives direction to the operational, budgetary and personnel activities of all divisions in business affairs.
  • Makes financial recommendations to the board of trustees and the president.

Source: bsu.edu

An open forum for a finalist in the search for a new vice president for business affairs and treasurer was canceled today.

Provost Terry King announced Bernie Hannon, current associate vice president for business affairs at Ball State, would not be available for his public forum with Ball State faculty, staff and students due to illness. The announcement was made via email to the university today at 10:45 a.m.

Hannon is the second candidate to be announced and invited to do a public meet and greet with the campus in the closed search for a replacement for Randy Howard, former vice president for business affairs. Hannon has worked at Ball State since 2010 and spent part of it working with Howard. Before coming to Ball State he worked with the state as assistant budget director.

King said they are trying reschedule the forum for this Friday, but that plan is tentative.

Earlier this month, Chris Ervin, assistant vice chancellor for business affairs at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte, came to campus to be interviewed for the position and answered questions by Ball State faculty, staff and students.

Howard's replacement should be decided by the end of the semester.