Lia Weisbecker-Lotz

Email Lia Weisbecker-Lotz

Articles

BYTE

Artist of the Month: Black Punk Bands

February is Black History Month and for a while now, I’ve wanted to write about Black punk bands. Black punk bands help spread not only a form of education as to what the Black community is going through, but also offer each other a sense of belonging in a largely white community. 

BYTE

The Coven S7E7: Female Tropes in TV

Welcome back to another episode of the Coven! In this episode, join in as we dive into female tropes in TV and movies! Tune in as we discuss why tropes are harmful, how it limits women's opportunities in film, and cover a couple of prominent examples of female tropes in media! Hosts: Shwetha Sundarrajan & Lia Weisbecker-Lotz Edited by: Lia Weisbecker-Lotz Graphic by: Lia Weisbecker-Lotz

BYTE

Valentine’s Day: A New Perspective

I love celebrating Valentine’s Day, but not for the reasons most people do. For many, Valentine’s Day is about spending the day with their significant other, showering them in love and care. For me, it’s about expressing my love and appreciation for my friends, family, and myself.

BYTE

Artist of the Month: Female Punk Bands

Growing up, punk music always had a special place in my heart. It offered me a way to let out all of my built-up emotions and frustrations. Recently; however, I noticed that all the punk music I had been listening to growing up consisted of all-male bands. Which disappointed me, because I knew that there must be bands full of women who are also furious at the world and at how they’re treated. Women who also had an attitude and humor that was so commonly a part of punk. Here are some female bands I found that shared even more viewpoints on music, the world, and what punk really means to them.  

BYTE

Top Underrated Indie Switch Games

Three years ago, the Nintendo Switch was released, and it quickly became one of the company’s most popular home consoles. However, one aspect of the Switch that was less marketed was the company’s decision to let indie game developers publish and port their games to the console. This has given a variety of indie games a chance at a wider audience and greater acknowledgment for their work. Here is a list of the top underrated indie games.