Student Discounts in Muncie

Rear view of two women walking in street for shopping - Pepople multiracial friendship concept - High quality photo

College is a time when saving a little money can go a long way. The good news is that there are many discounts for students in Muncie! From restaurants to public transportation, there are a lot of opportunities to enjoy some time off-campus for cheap. Whether you’re looking to get a bite to eat, get some new clothes, or see a show, there’s something for every Ball State student. Enjoy these perks of being a Cardinal!

Restaurants

By Hand and Fork – 10% off purchase

Located about a half-mile from Ball State is a restaurant offering homestyle cooking. By Hand and Fork is a popular breakfast spot for students and their families. 

Berrywinkle – 10% off purchase

Located near the edge of campus, Berrywinkle is a frozen yogurt shop and a favorite of Ball State students. If you’re in the mood for dessert, bring along your student ID for a 10% discount.  

Mama & Son Soul Food Kitchen – 10% off purchase

This restaurant in downtown Muncie is family-owned and operated, specializing in soul and comfort food. Mama & Son Soul Food Kitchen offers a 10% discount to Ball State students. 

Sunshine Café – 10% off purchase

Located near Ball State is a café which serves breakfast and other homestyle foods. Sunshine Café has a discount for all Ball State students with their student ID. 

Lowery’s Candies – Free Candy Bar 

A bit of a drive south of campus is Lowery’s Homemade Candy. They offer candy made the old-fashioned homemade way, and offer a free candy bar with a student ID. 

Welcome Week Discounts

In addition to these year-round discounts, there are some great Welcome Week deals! During the first week of the fall semester, many restaurants will have special discounts for Ball State students, so keep an eye out for these. 

Shopping

Buyer’s Market – 10% off on Thursdays

Located at the Muncie Mall, this store sells discounted name-brand clothing, home goods, school supplies, electronic accessories, and more. Come by with a student ID on Thursdays for an even better deal than their initial markdowns. 

Soul Sisters Boutique – 10% off purchase

Located in downtown Muncie, this is a local shop that sells clothing and other accessories. Students receive 10% off at Soul Sisters Boutique.

Entertainment

Muncie Civic Theatre - $15 ticket

Muncie Civic Theatre is a historic theatre located in downtown Muncie. The theatre puts on plays and musicals year-round and offers a discount on tickets to students with a BSU ID. Catch a show for only $15!

Ball State Sports – Free admission to home games

If you want to show your school spirit and attend a game, don’t worry about paying for a ticket! All Ball State students receive free general admission to regular season Ball State home games. You can claim a free ticket online or present your ID at the gate in lieu of a ticket.

Minnetrista Museum & Gardens- Discount Membership Offered to Ball State Students

The Minnetrista offers a $5 membership to BSU students. This membership allows admission to all exhibits for one full year! To sign up, call 765-282-4848 or visit the Minnetrista front desk. 

https://commcenter.bsu.edu/message/visit-minnetrista-museum-gardens-discount-membership-offered-to-ball-state-students

Emens Auditorium - $5 Ticket

Ball State Students can attend most events presented by Emens Auditorium for only $5! Students can also pick five performances for a discount package price of $20. Some exclusions may apply, and this must be purchased at the Emens box office at the time of the performance. 

https://www.bsu.edu/web/emens/tickets/ball-state-discounts

YMCA – Discounts for Young Adults

Young adults (aged 19-30) receive a significantly cheaper discount compared to adults. The joining fee is $25, but young adults pay $21.00 per month, compared to 31+ adults who pay $42.00 a month. 

https://www.muncieymca.org/membership/

Transportation

Muncie busses (MITS) – Free with student ID

While the Ball State bus system is great, the Muncie bus system can take you to places off-campus. Some routes stop on campus and run to Walmart, Target, the mall, and downtown Muncie. The best part is that the bus is free for Ball State students with an ID! 

Digital Discounts

Spotify – $5.99/month for Spotify Premium and Hulu

Spotify offers an amazing discount on not only Spotify Premium, but access to Hulu!

DoorDash Dashpass – $4.99/month 

Doordash comes in handy for late nights in your dorm, or an intense study session that cannot be interrupted with a trip to get food. Dashpass is a subscription service that offers $0 delivery fees on eligible orders of $12 or more!

YouTube Premium – $7.99/month 

If you’re looking for ad-free videos and the option to download for offline viewing, YouTube premium is available to students at a discounted rate of only $7.99 a month, plus one month for free! This also includes ad-free YouTube Music. 

Prime Student – 6-month free trial, $7.49/month after trial ends  

An Amazon Prime Student subscription offers free delivery options, access to Prime Video and Amazon Music, and unlimited reading with Prime Reading.