Essential Applications for Students

Studio shot of an unrecognizable young woman using her cellphone against a grey background

By Ball State Daily Advertising

There are a lot of apps you’ll hear about and end up using during your time at Ball State. Here
is a list of the most important applications and websites you’ll need. All of the apps below can be found in the app store.

Canvas: See grades and access course materials.

Cardinal Central: Update your class schedule, request transcripts, manage your eBill, access financial
aid information and access services for commuter students and 21st Century Scholars.

DuoMobile: Used to log into your Ball State account. You will have to download Duo to your mobile phone or tablet to set up two-factor authentication and access your account. Every time you log into your My BSU account, a notification will pop up on your phone, and you’ll be
prompted to enter the number on your screen.

GET Mobile: Check your meal plan and Cardinal Cash, Dining Plus and Dining Cash balances.

GroupMe: Communicate with your resident assistant and other dorm residents. Your dorm floor will most likely have a group chat using the messaging app GroupMe. This app is also used
by many clubs and student organizations.

MITSBus: Follow MITS Bus locations and ETAs for bus stops around Muncie. Remember, MITS busses are free for students with a Ball State ID.

Navigate Student: Schedule academic advising appointments, see class schedules and connect with fellow students in your classes.

Outlook: Access your student email and personal calendar. This is Ball State’s primary form of communication.

SpeedQueen: Allows students to pay for laundry machines and monitor cycle times. The cost per wash is $1.75 and $1.50 for a one-hour dry cycle.

TransLoc: Tracks Ball State shuttle busses, displays wait times and tells you the closest bus stop to you.

WEBSITES

There are also many useful websites that will be helpful to you as a Ball State student.

Benny Link: Search all of the student organizations at Ball State. Benny Link is a database for groups
you can get involved in, including sports, academic, and special interest
clubs. You can also find a calendar of all the events that are being put on by
student organizations.

Cardinal Career Center: Find on campus and off campus jobs, set up a mock interview, find professional events and learn more about potential careers. This website gives you the
opportunity to search for on-campus jobs and potential internships.  

DegreeWorks: See your degree plan, track your progress, and test different academic paths. You can access DegreeWorks by going to your Self-Service banner on my.bsu.edu. Here, you can see all of
the classes you’ll need to complete your degree, a semester-by-semester
schedule of your classes, as well as what you’ve finished and what you still
need. You can also plug in a different major or minor and see what the degree
plan would look like if you pursued it.