Warm but stormy start to the week

What a beautiful start to the week! The warm weather is here to stay for at least a couple of days, but unfortunately we have to deal with some rain chances.

Tonight: Mild conditions continue through this evening, but clouds increase and rain chances enter the picture. Scattered showers and thunderstorms persist through the overnight hours and into Tuesday morning. A few storms could be strong, but widespread severe weather is not expected. Thus, the Storm Prediction Center has issued a Level 1 (on a scale of 5) or Marginal Risk for severe weather this evening.

Tomorrow: A few showers and storms may still be around Tuesday morning. However, we get a chance to dry out later in the morning and into most of the afternoon. Temperatures soar into the upper 60's and lower 70's! As the warm and humid air builds in, we will have another chance for thunderstorms tomorrow evening, resulting in a Level 2 or "slight" risk for severe weather in place. Damaging winds and large hail look to be the main threats. 

7-Day Forecast: Warm weather stick around for Wednesday, which looks to be a beautiful day. Unfortunately, a cold front moves through Wednesday night, bringing rain and much cooler temperatures for the second half of the week. Highs fall into the 40's as we head into the weekend, but temperatures return closer to average by the start of next week. 

Follow us on Twitter @NLIWeather for breaking weather updates.

NewsLink Indiana is a proud Ambassador for the NOAA Weather-Ready Nation program.

For more information about the Weather-Ready Nation program please click HERE