With the multitude of unprecedented cancellations of athletic events in the last 24 hours due to the coronavirus, The Daily News has done its best to compile a list of what all has been canceled or suspended in the world of sports. Please be advised this list is in no way complete. It includes information The Daily News has received from various sources and will be updated as more updates come through.
- NHL suspends season indefinitely
- NBA suspends season indefinitely
- MLS suspends season indefinitely
- MLB cancels Spring Training and suspends start of 2020 season by at least two weeks
- MiLB suspends start of 2020 season indefinitely
- ATP Tour announces six-week suspension of play
- Multiple NCAA men's and women's conference basketball tournaments (including the Mid-American Conference) are canceled
- Men's and Women's NCAA Basketball Tournaments have been canceled
- Remaining winter and spring NCAA championships have been canceled
- Mid-American Conference (MAC) competition in the regular season, postseason and non-traditional season are canceled for the remainder of the academic year
- Formal and organized practices, off-campus recruiting and official and unofficial visits are suspended until further notice
- NFL cancels annual meeting originally scheduled for March 29-April 1
- XFL suspends season indefinitely
This story will be updated.