Friday Night Spotlight update: Oct. 11

<p>The Ball State Daily News has started covering local high school football games in a new series called "Friday Night Spotlight." <strong>Jacob Musselman, DN</strong></p>

The Ball State Daily News has started covering local high school football games in a new series called "Friday Night Spotlight." Jacob Musselman, DN

Here are some quick updates from high school football games in the area.

Delta - 77     Greenfield-Central - 0

After losing their first game of the season a week ago, the Eagles came back with a vengeance, leading to a blowout win to get them to 7-1. 

Delta took control from the start as it had a 56-0 lead at halftime. Wesley Stitt, Luke Belangee and Malachi Silmon each scored twice in the first half alone. Brady Hunt and Javaughn Whitfield also found the end zone before the half. With a running clock in the second half, the Eagles were able to cruise to victory.

This was Delta's fourth shutout of the season, continuing the Eagles' trend of holding opponents to 10 points or fewer every time they win.

Wes-Del - 24     Traders Point Christian - 47

With the loss Friday, the Warriors have now dropped their last five games, moving their record to 1-7. They gave the undefeated Knights a test, putting up 24 points, but an upset ultimately was not in the cards. Wes-Del will have one more shot in the regular season as it hosts Anderson Prep Academy.

Blackford - 8     Eastbrook - 31

Looking to extend its winning streak to three games, Blackford took a one-point lead into halftime. After that, it was all Eastbrook. 

The Panthers outscored the Bruins 24-0 in the second half, and their running game had a lot to do with it. Eastbrook ran the ball a total of 61 times for 353 yards, and it only passed the ball twice.