Up to 7 inches of snow expected in Delaware County

<p>Up to 7 inches of snow are expected during Saturday's winter storm according to the National Weather Service. It's been advised that people traveling on Saturday should travel with caution or consider postponing their plans. <strong>Madeline Grosh, DN</strong></p>

Up to 7 inches of snow are expected during Saturday's winter storm according to the National Weather Service. It's been advised that people traveling on Saturday should travel with caution or consider postponing their plans. Madeline Grosh, DN

The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a winter storm warning Friday night through Sunday morning for Delaware County, the first “significant” snowfall of the season.

According to the warning sent Friday morning, 4 to 7 inches is expected across central Indiana starting Friday night and ending Sunday night.

NWS said the heavy snow could lead to hazardous travel. Those traveling on Saturday should be prepared for difficult conditions and consider staying off the roads.

The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is also preparing for the heavy snowfall. According to a press release, INDOT will send out almost 200 drivers midnight Saturday in East Central Indiana to plow and salt roads.