Pay Less Super Market opens second Muncie location

<p>The second Pay Less Super Market officially opened in the 700 block of South Tillotson Avenue Wednesday, May 23. The store opened after $5 million was spent on upgrades to the former Marsh store. <strong>Rachel Ellis, DN</strong> &nbsp;</p>

The second Pay Less Super Market officially opened in the 700 block of South Tillotson Avenue Wednesday, May 23. The store opened after $5 million was spent on upgrades to the former Marsh store. Rachel Ellis, DN  

Another grocery store opened its doors in Muncie.

The second Pay Less Super Market officially opened in the 700 block of South Tillotson Avenue Wednesday morning. 

The store opened after $5 million was spent on upgrades to the former Marsh store. 

The first Pay Less, which is a Kroger brand, first opened its doors to Delaware County residents on McGalliard Road in December 2017. 

“We’ve been proud to serve Delaware County since December,” division president Pam Matthews said in a press release. “Now, even more of our friends in Muncie will be able to enjoy PayLess convenience and value.”  

The Pay Less on South Tillotson Avenue also will have ClickList, an online shopping ordering system. With the system, customers can order food online, schedule a time to pick up their groceries and have a Pay Less employee load the groceries in their car. 

Additionally, Pay Less also is employing 18 former Marsh employees.

At Wednesday morning’s ribbon cutting ceremony, four organizations received checks. A total of $22,000 was donated by PayLess to Muncie Mission, Salvation Army Muncie, Second Harvest and Christian Ministries of Delaware County.