SGA hosts forums to get feedback on academic spaces around campus

Dates of open forums

Wednesday, Feb.10 in Burkhardt Building 109 from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.

Monday, Feb. 15 in BB 109 from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.

Tuesday, Feb. 16 in BB 109 from 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.

SGA is looking to improve Ball State's learning spaces by holding open forums for students. 

SGA President Jack Hesser said broken table tops or other issues in classrooms inspired the SGA Classroom Working Experience Group to host a series of open forums for students to gather their opinions on the spaces around campus.

“This committee wants to get feedback about classroom spaces around campus, but we don’t want to limit it just to classrooms spaces; other academic spaces [are included],” Hesser said. “It’s the first step in finding solutions to the problems we have with space around our campus.”

Hesser said these forums are open to all students, and he encourages them to attend. While the committee focuses on students, Hesser said faculty is also welcome to attend. 

Students can talk about anything, ranging from desk problems, lighting issues, classroom set up and even technology available.

Following these conversation forums, the unofficial committee plans to send out surveys based on what students suggest to see what students want done most with the spaces around campus, Hesser said. 

“The surveys will be the key part in moving forward that will help us determine what we really need to do to make sure our spaces are the most effective to not just our students, but also for our faculty,” Hesser said.

The forums are a way of determining what students are looking for in the spaces before they give the survey, he said. The survey will be comprised of issues that SGA will be able to act upon based on student feedback.