This weekend in music: The Indigos, Stop.Drop.Rewind, Knit Cap Vigilantes at Be Here Now

<p>Knit Cap Vigilantes, Stop.Drop.Rewind. and The Indigos are performing on Feb. 27 at Be Here Now. Stop.Drop.Rewind will also be releasing their latest EP, Polarity.&nbsp;<i style="background-color: initial;">DN FILE&nbsp;PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER</i></p>

Knit Cap Vigilantes, Stop.Drop.Rewind. and The Indigos are performing on Feb. 27 at Be Here Now. Stop.Drop.Rewind will also be releasing their latest EP, Polarity. DN FILE PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER

What: The Indigos, Knit Cap Vigilantes and Stop.Drop.Rewind.

When: 9 p.m. Feb. 27

Where: Be Here Now

Admission is $5 for those who are 21 years and older, and $10 for those under 21. 

Knit Cap Vigilantes, Stop.Drop.Rewind and local band The Indigos will be performing on Feb. 27 at Be Here Now. The event will also serve as a release party for Stop.Drop.Rewind, which will be releasing its latest EP, "Polarity."

"Polarity" is Stop.Drop.Rewind’s first release with its new drummer Andy Sutton, who joined in May of 2015 and showcases the band’s new line up, bassist and vocalist Kris Lohn said. 

“It was a very collaborative effort, something we really wanted to focus on with having a new member. It does a great job of having every member’s voice shine through, while delivering more consistent, slicker songwriting than our previous releases,” Lohn said.

Stop.Drop.Rewind was founded in 2008 at Valparaiso University and currently features Lohn, Sutton and DJ Crenson on guitar and vocals. 

Lohn said the band avoids flashy styles, in favor of a more balanced approach.

“Every component of the music should be on pretty equal footing," he said. "Instead of what we call the 'Nashville approach' — where the lyrics are the only thing that’s important — we try to write music that stands up to our vocals.”

The Indigos are still working on its next album titled "Indigo Army." The title comes from the band’s name and the Indigo Army Campaign it hopes to launch, which will be a movement encouraging people to express themselves, Matt Mellen, the band's vocalist, said.

“To change the world, you need an army," Mellen said about the movement.

The album will be accompanied by two music videos and will be released in June. The album will have 10 songs instead of the typical six on earlier albums, and it has a “beefier, thicker” sound, Mellen said.

The Knit Cap Vigilantes are from Fort Wayne, Ind., though their drummer Xavier Shaw and guitarist Patrick Laughlin went to Ball State.

The Knit Cap Vigilantes play a diverse selection of jazz, funk, Indie, hip hop and "jam music," Laughlin said.

“Our influences are wide ranging. ... Our interests and lives have been 'knit' together; we have created a fabric of reality for ourselves," Laughlin said. "We are vigilantes because we cultivate our style regardless of outside influences. We aspire to be a band that sounds like a combination of old and new — hence we have no prescribed niche.”