Pop culture catch up

<p>Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. PHOTO COURTESY OF ERIN GLADIEUX</p>

Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. PHOTO COURTESY OF ERIN GLADIEUX

Erin Gladieux is a junior telecommunications and journalism major and writes ‘Pop Culture Catch Up’ for the Daily News. Her views do not necessarily reflect those of the paper. Write to Erin at engladieux@bsu.edu

It might be sunny in Hollywood, but there is still plenty of shade. Especially with these celebrities.

Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose headed for Splitsville

Amber Rose filed for divorce from rapper Wiz Khalifa, citing the ever so popular excuse, “irreconcilable differences.” The documents don’t say anything about infidelity, but rumors swirled after rapper Nick Cannon signed the 30-year-old model, Rose to his management company. But Rose quickly shot the rumors down on her Twitter. “Please stop with the fake stories. I would never, ever, ever cheat on my husband in a million years. I think u guys know this...” But it seems we weren’t totally wrong about the reason for the divorce. In her next tweet she states, “Unfortunately, my now ex-husband can’t say the same…” The two married in July of last year and welcomed a son, Sebastian “The Bash” Taylor Thomaz, in February 2013. The model says she is “devastated and crushed” but is focusing on her son.

Taylor Swift vs. Katy Perry

During a Rolling Stone interview, Swift was asked who inspired her song “Bad Blood” off her newest album “1989.” Although the country-turned-pop star wouldn’t reveal who wronged her, she did say “We’re just straight-up enemies.” She also told Rolling Stone that the mystery person tried to sabotage her arena tour. After a little digging E! News found that three of Swift’s dancers left mid tour to work for Katy Perry. Swift said this mean girl “wasn’t nice to her” and “she would insult her in private, then publicly say ‘I love you.’” Swift’s vague replies didn’t stop Perry from saying she “knows the song is about her.” Instead of writing a song about it, Perry tweeted “Watch out for the Regina George in sheep’s clothing…” the day after the Rolling Stone interview came out. Although Swift cited professional differences as the impetus for her and Perry’s public squabble, we can’t help but wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that both stars dated singer John Mayer.

Shonda Rhimes disses Katherine Heigl

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Shonda Rhimes, creator of “Grey’s Anatomy” and” Scandal,” is telling all about her prerequisite for employment on one of her shows. "I don't put up with bulls--- or nasty people. I don't have time for it, ” Rhimes says of what she calls her "no a--holes policy." According to people.com, “The policy is one Rhimes implemented on the set of her Kerry Washington-led drama after weathering some scandals of her own in the early years of “Grey's.” Rhimes says she has “learned a lot of stuff” dealing with controversy of former “Grey’s” actor Isaiah Washington using gay slurs, as well as the drama with Katherine Heigl leaving the show before her contract ended in 2010. So with her Scandal cast, Rhimes says “There are no Heigls in this situation.” Ouch! Heigl has not responded to the comment but I’m sure Izzy Stephens would not stand for this.