Board of Trustees to see new marketing campaign, other projects

The new 15-second spots will run Saturday and they will be available online, as well.

“It is a real challenge to tease a story in 15 seconds,” said Tom Taylor, vice president of enrollment, marketing and communications. “So we also do longer versions that will be on our website called ‘The Chronicles.’”

The first Board of Trustees meeting for the academic year will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center Founders Room and is open to the public. Taylor will give a short presentation on the new TV spots, which are updated roughly every two years.

Taylor said “The Chronicles” spots should be available by the end of the week. They will focus on five students and some of their immersive learning experiences and post-graduation plans.

“We have a new round, and we’re pretty excited about the stories these tell,” Taylor said.

John Fallon, associate vice president of economic development and community engagement, also will give a presentation on what goals Building Better Communities will pursue this year and what basis of success they can be measured on.

“We like to have our goals and objectives and work plans and the metrics settled going into the new fiscal year,” Fallon said.

Fallon said Building Better Communities’ goals were somewhat modified to accommodate for the new strategic plan, Education Redefined 2.0.

“One of the four goals in the strategic plan deals with advancing Indiana, and it is that goal that is the focus of our outreach and engagement initiatives here on campus,” he said. “Building Better Communities is key to that, and I think they just want to know what it is we’re doing and what we intend to be measured on.”

Fallon said students should care because they live in Indiana.

“We’ve made a big commitment of resources, time, personnel and the like to make this state a better place to live,” he said.

Taylor and Fallon said they preferred to withhold the details of their presentations until the meeting Wednesday.

The board will also discuss a proposed naming of the Ball State University Planetarium and Phase II of the Geothermal Conversion Project, discuss the health care plan of 2014 and hear a presentation on accreditation.