Tornado warning lifted; flood warning continues

Update: Muncie Police Department has responded to 10 to 15 people stranded in their vehicles, said dispatcher Riley Barrett.

Some residents whose homes are flooded have been evacuated. The local Red Cross is working to find a place for these people to relocate for the next few hours.

Update: The tornado warning has expired as of 3:15 a.m., but Delaware County continues to be under a flood warning.

The National Weather Service has stated that the flood alert will remain in effect until 6:30 a.m.

Update: A second tornado warning placed on Delaware County has triggered the tornado sirens twice in approximately 20 minutes.

The first siren went off around 2:30 a.m. after a storm was spotted near Anderson, Ind. Delaware County was placed under the warning until 2:45 a.m. at first.

Sirens could be heard a second time at 2:50 a.m., and the National Weather Service extended the warning for southeastern Delaware, northeastern Henry and Randolph counties until 3:15 a.m. This warning was based on a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado located 10 miles south of Muncie, the weather service said.

People are advised to take cover in the lowest floor of their residence away from windows.

Original: Flash flooding has engulfed vehicles in campus parking lots, leaving students on campus late Sunday night to walk home or call the University Police Department for assistance.

University Police told a Daily News reporter that Centennial Avenue is "like a surging river" and said the Duck Pond near LaFollette Complex is completely overflowing.

The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for East Central Indiana including Delaware County until 2 a.m. A severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located six miles east of Muncie and moving northeast at 65 mph.

The weather service suggests moving to an interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building. Avoid windows.

A flood warning is also in place until 7:30 a.m.

Check back at bsudailynews.com for more information.