WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: National Team of Holland to take on Cardinals in Worthen this weekend

Ball State closes out its preseason exhibition schedule Sunday evening

In its second and final exhibition game of the season, the BallState women's basketball team will play on Sunday in Worthen Arenaagainst the National Team of Holland.

The Holland team is playing eight college exhibition games inthe United States. The team will come off two days of rest afterplaying six games in six days.

The Cardinals are coming off a week of practice in which theymainly focused on defense. After their first exhibition game, whichthe Cardinals lost to the Reebok Lady Stars 84-81, the team islooking to bounce back, especially on defense.

"When you score 81 points, as a coach, you've got to be prettyhappy," head coach Tracy Roller said, "but we just couldn't stoppeople (on defense)."

Roller said the defense has improved a lot this past week. Sheadded that the leadership of the seniors and junior Kate Endressgive the team its strength.

"They have every aspect of what I want a captain to be," Rollersaid. "They're hard working; they're good players; they're trustedby their teammates, and they work hard in every aspect of the game.When your best players are your hardest workers, it helps alot."

Roller said the team has three points of emphasis going intoSunday's game: defense, turnovers and rebounding.

Defensively, Roller said the team needs to set goals for eachgame in such categories as scoring, field goal percentage anddeflections.

The Cardinals are still battling injuries. Erica Sutton, EricaCotton and Teran Warner remain out of the lineup while a few others-- including Johna Goff, Dana Collins and Becca Bajorek -- remainin the lineup but play injured.

This will be the last chance for the Cardinals to get their gametime experience. They open the season at the DePaul Moran RealtyClassic in Chicago next weekend.