Open forums for CCIM dean candidates begin

The search for the next College of Communications, Information and Media (CCIM) dean is in full swing.

Three candidates are being considered for the position: Brian Ott, Paaige Turner and Terry Likes, according to an email sent by Kecia Thompson, the search committee chair.

Each candidate will present their vision for CCIM in an open forum. The first is Thursday from 10-11 a.m. in the David Letterman Communication and Media Building room 125 and the other two will take place later in March.

Photo provided, Texas Tech University website

Brian Ott

Currently, Ott is the chair of the department of communication studies at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas.

Topics of his research include public memory, the American West and media ecology. Ott received his bachelor's from George Mason University and his master's and doctorate from The Pennsylvania State University, according to his page on Texas Tech’s website.

He will speak at an open forum March 22 from 10-11 a.m. in the David Letterman Communication and Media Building room 125.

Photo provided, Academia.edu

Paaige Turner

Right now, Turner is the associate dean of the school of communications at Webster University in Washington, DC. 

Turner’s research includes feminist theory and organizational communication. She received her bachelor's from the University of Oregon and both her master's and doctorate from Purdue University, according to her Curriculum Vitae on academia.edu.

Turner’s open forum is March 27 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. in the Art and Journalism building room 175.

Photo provided, Tennessee State University website

Terry Likes

Likes is the chair of the department of communications at Tennessee State University in Nashville, Tennessee. 

According to his page on Tennessee State’s website, he received his bachelor's from Maryville University in St. Louis, Missouri, and then went on to earn a master's from Western Kentucky University and a doctorate from the University of Kentucky.

He will present at his open forum March 29 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. in the Art and Journalism building room 175.