McDougall named WGCA All-America Scholar

For the 12th consecutive year, a Ball State women’s golfer was named an All-America Scholar by the Women’s Golf Coaches Association.

Meghan McDougall was recognized for the second consecutive season by the WGCA. She graduated magna cum laude in May with a degree in history and a 3.842 GPA. 

She competed in eight events as a senior and finished inside the top 20 in two of those events.

Her lowest single-round score of the season was a 77 in the first round of the Eastern Kentucky Colonel Classic in Richmond, Kentucky, on April 1. She finished 17th in the tournament with a score of 236, her lowest 54-hole total of the year.

McDougall is originally from Markham, Ontario, Canada, and transferred to Ball State from the University of Kentucky after her freshman season.

When she transferred, she was reunited with teammate Kelsey Sear, who attended Bill Crothers Secondary School with her in Ontario.

In 2014, McDougall scored a 69 in the Cardinal Classic in Yorktown, tied for the second-lowest single round score in Ball State women’s golf history.

To qualify as a WGCA All-America Scholar, golfers must compete in at least 50 percent of their team’s competitive rounds while maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher in the classroom.