30th annual A Taste of Muncie to take place April 17

IVY Tech Student Alisha Mosier serves a dish made by students during the annual Taste of Muncie on Sunday the 21st.  Twenty two organizations that had booths with food for tasting at the Cornerstone Center of the Arts building downtown.  DN PHOTO JORDAN HUFFER
IVY Tech Student Alisha Mosier serves a dish made by students during the annual Taste of Muncie on Sunday the 21st. Twenty two organizations that had booths with food for tasting at the Cornerstone Center of the Arts building downtown. DN PHOTO JORDAN HUFFER

Vendors at Taste of Muncie:

Blondie’s Cookies

Minnetrista Catering

Mr. Mouse Catering

Pepsi Cola

VKA Kitchen & Catering

White River Valley Pizza Hut,

Tuppee Tong Thai

Auntie Anne’s

Heavenly Creations Catering

Ivy Tech Community College – East Central Region's Culinary Division

Insomnia Cookies

Johnny Carino’s

The Wedge Artisan Grilled Cheese

Delaware Country Club

Burkie’s Drive In

MT's Smokin BBQ

Southern Grubbin

Cheer's Tavern Catering

The Barking Cow

Simply Patisserie

Culver's

Hot Box Pizza

Speedy Dogs

Rolling Luau

RP's Pizza

MCL Catering

Little Caesar's 

Ticket information:

Silver tickets- $40

• Includes private reception,  early access to vendors, private entertainment and reserved seating, as well as beer tasting from Fickle Peach and Vera Mae's.

Advanced general admission for students (with ID)- $15

Advanced general admission for adults- $20

General admission at the door for students- $20

General admission at the door for adults- $25

Children ages 5 and under are free

Purchase tickets for A Taste of Muncie here.

The Cornerstone Center for the Arts is hosting the 30th annual A Taste of Muncie from 2 to 4 p.m. April 17.

Cornerstone hosts “opportunities for creative expression, educational programs and events in a historic setting,” according to its website.

In celebration of its 30th year, the theme for A Taste of Muncie this year is “Cheers to 30 Years.” The event planners are looking to host 30 food vendors for people to try.

Confirmed vendors include The Wedge Artisan Grilled Cheese, Johnny Carino's, Tuppee Tong Thai Food and Hot Box Pizza.

“This is one of our largest fundraisers of the year. It provides opportunities for art education. That’s the feel-good reason to come,” said Cornerstone director of community relations Jeff Robinson. “The selfish reason is getting to eat all the food you can fit into yourself.”

This year’s event will also feature a “beer garden” for those 21 and older, which will be exclusively stocked with beers made in Muncie.

There will also be several art instructors at the event showcasing their craft, such as a pottery wheel and painting.

Ball State students are able to purchase pre-sale tickets for A Taste of Muncie at a student discount of $15 or $20 at the door.