Five Valentine's Day dates that won't break the bank

<p>There are cheap date ideas all around Muncie for an easy Valentine's Day this Sunday.&nbsp;<i style="background-color: initial;">DN PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER</i></p>

There are cheap date ideas all around Muncie for an easy Valentine's Day this Sunday. DN PHOTO SAMANTHA BRAMMER

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and the prospect of trying to find the perfect date can weigh on your mind. It doesn’t help that as college students a budget has to be kept in mind, as well. Here is a list of five possible Valentine’s Day ideas that will keep your date, and your wallet, happy. 

1. Cook dinner together.

Cooking dinner together in your own apartment or house, or even a community kitchen in the dorms, can make for a more personal meal. It would give you and your significant other a chance to try something new, or cook a favorite dish. It is also a relief for your wallet, instead of spending the money at a fancy restaurant.

2. Go to an unlikely restaurant

Need to save money but still want to be romantic? If so, White Castle can be your Valentine’s Day date night. They will be offering table-side service with a side of romance, and fries, of course. The closest White Castle that is offering the event is located in Indianapolis, Ind., all that is needed is to reserve your table by phone. Muncie's Chick-fil-A is also offering table-side service, as well as live music and a photo booth. Prices are $10 per person, and reservations can be made by email. 

3. Carless Drive-in

Grab the comfy blankets, popcorn and movies. Instead of settling on the couch, sit on the floor — you can even return to your childhood and make a blanket fort. Try to pick movies that neither of you have ever seen. Redbox and Netflix have tons of possibilities. If you want to make it more interesting, close your eyes and pick a movie at random.

4. Let your creativity flow

Buy a set of small canvases from a local craft store, like Michael's or Hobby Lobby, and get whatever supplies your heart desires. Sit together with some music playing in the background and just create away — you could even choose to make a painting together instead of separately. 

5. A classic

Mini golf, arcades and bowling all seem to be in popular teen romances and television shows as a perfect place to take a date. It doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket, and a little competitiveness is never bad in a relationship. Plus, whoever loses has to buy ice cream.