Student meets The Fray before Ball State show

<p>Seniors Madeline Mileski (center left) and Cece Ytell (center right) pose with members of The Fray during a meet-and-greet before the show on Weddnesday. </p>

Seniors Madeline Mileski (center left) and Cece Ytell (center right) pose with members of The Fray during a meet-and-greet before the show on Weddnesday. 

Out of about 1,900 students who bought tickets to The Fray on opening day, one student was picked out of a drawing to meet the band in person before the concert on Sept. 10.

Senior Madeline Mileski said she couldn’t believe it when she won the meet-and-greet passes. 

“When the woman on the phone said she was calling from Emens, I thought it was because there was a problem with our tickets or they double-booked our seats or something,” she said. 

Read more about The Fray's performance.

Even before the drawing, Mileski said she didn’t remember that she had even put her name in, so being chosen came as an extremely pleasant surprise. 

“My roommate and I decided to buy the tickets between classes one day, and there was a woman handing out slips of paper that we could fill out to enter the drawing,” she said. “We entered the drawing, and then I honestly forgot all about it!” 

Mileski and her roommate, senior Cece Ytell, weren’t the only people that got to meet The Fray that night. She said six pairs of people were also there to meet the band.

“Some won the tickets on the radio, and one woman and her daughter bought the passes online,” she said. “I just brought one of my roommates with me since I won two passes.”   

The meet-and-greet took place in a theater classroom in the basement of John R. Emens Auditorium, where the show was later that night.  

“Each pair of people went in the room individually so that we had the chance to talk with them, take a picture and have some autographs signed,” she said. “We talked about some of the places they have traveled to in the past and which ones have been their favorite. They were very relaxed and easy going.” 

Mileski said that she got to have the chance to see the opening act, The Mowgli’s, perform from backstage. 

Mileski said the whole concert was a great experience for her.  

“I have been listening to The Fray since the eighth grade and I’m a senior now,” Mileski said. “Their music just doesn’t get old to me and I love it.”