Whether you are stuck in a fashion phase, need a burst of color or are transitioning your closet, here is how to get out of your comfort zone.

1. Going from casual to classy

You love the comfort of jeans, tees, sweats, and hoodies. However, that look gets you nowhere. You aren’t getting noticed no matter what brand you wear. To still be comfortable without looking frumpy, look toward fitted jeans, jackets and tops. Add minimal accessories and you will get noticed in no time.

Some key Accessories: Flats, Statement Jewelry, Clutch, and a Printed Scarf.

2. Beyond black

We love black. It is slimming, hides stains and captures our mood in the dreary weather. For this winter, go beyond black with colors like navy, maroon and teal. Wear dark skinny jeans with different shades of maroon as an alternative to black.

3. Goodbye Cardinals

Unless you plan to work at Ball State, your Ball State themed gear must go. Keep your two favorite pieces: a shirt to relax in and a sweatshirt for homecoming.

4. College to career

You need to get rid of all the staples in your college wardrobe (monogrammed shirts, mini skirts, and TOMS to name a few), and make room for your career wardrobe. Before you do this make sure you know the dress code at your workplace. Some of your nicest jeans, dresses, pants and shoes can be saved. Also shop at stores like Marshalls and Forever 21 in order to save money on new pieces.

5. Purging your pieces

As you transition, be smart as you get rid of things. Make a quilt or tote bag out of your multiple tee shirts. Donate to local non profits like YWCA instead of Goodwill. Pass down your clothes to friends or siblings. Most importantly, think before you throw away.