Holcomb appoints a new member to Ball State Board of Trustees

Trustee William “Craig” Dobbs posed in a headshot. Ball State Marketing and Communications, Photo Provided

Ball State University graduate, William “Craig” Dobbs, was appointed as the newest member of Ball State’s Board of Trustees by Gov. Eric Holcomb Dec. 4.

The head of The Dobbs Group, a financial consulting firm in Carmel, Indiana, Dobbs earned his bachelor’s degree in Finance in 1986 from Ball State and his Master of business administration at Notre Dame.

After his academic career, he has served on the Ball State University Foundation Board of Directors and been active with the Cardinal Varsity Club.

Outside of the university, Dobbs serves as the institutional consulting director at Graystone Consulting, where he has been since 2009.

Dobbs and his wife, Teneen, support different religious, scientific, literary and educational causes through their William Craig and Teneen L. Dobbs Charitable Foundation, founded in 2010, and their Children’s TherAplay Foundation, founded in 2001.

Ball State President Geoffrey Mearns awarded Dobbs with the President’s Medal of Distinction in 2022. He was inducted into the Miller College of Business (MCOB) Hall of Fame in the same year. In 2021, he was a recipient of the Theatre and Dance CRAFT, and he was presented with the MCOB Award of Distinction in 2018.  

“Craig has been a dedicated and longtime supporter of Ball State University,” Holcomb said in a press release. “He will be a great addition as Ball State continues to make impressive contributions to the future of higher education.”

Currently, Dobbs serves in the Executive Campaign Council for Ball State’s “Our Call to Beneficence“ capital campaign, an initiative aiming to raise more than $350 million in philanthropic gifts. 

On top of adding a new member to the board, Gov. Holcomb re-appointed Chair of the Audit Committee Mark Hardwick for another four-year term ending in 2027.

Hardwick joined the Board of Trustees in 2020, and he earned both his accounting bachelor's degree and his master in business administration at Ball State.

Along with the board, Hardwick serves as a Next Muncie board member, the Miller College of Business Advisory Board and Investment Committee of Meridian Health. 

Dobbs will be replacing trustee member Matt Momper, whose term ends Dec. 31. Momper has served on the board for over 15 years. Momper will be speaking at Winter Commencement speaker Dec. 16.

Contact the Daily News with comments at editor@bsudailynews.com or on X @bsudailynews.