Familiar face in a new place

New Ball State Women’s Golf Head Coach

MUNCIE, Ind.--- The Ball State Women’s Golf team is introducing a new head coach, Cameron Andry, who is elated to be here. 

“Well, Ball State is my alma mater, so it is a special place to me,” Andry said. “It’s a dream come true. I love Ball State and really feel like this program has everything that it needs to be a championship contender, so I’m really excited just to get to work.” 

Even though this is Andry’s first year as head coach of the Cardinals, this is far from his first rodeo. Andry spent the last 11 years of his professional career as the director of golf for the Taylor University Trojans. As director, he oversaw both the men’s and women’s golf programs and led them to a multitude of NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) awards.

“I love Taylor,” Andry said. “It was a great place for me to learn and grow as a young coach. I’m really excited for the challenge of coaching at the division one level and to do it at my alma mater made it even more special.” 

Along with Andry adjusting back to life here in Delaware county, the golfers must also adjust to a new coach at the helm of the program. Junior golfer, Kiah Parrott, believes that the change of pace with Andry has been good and will move the program in a positive direction. 

“It’s been a big change,” Parrott said. “I think it’s just the beginning and it’s going to be the start of something really good.” 

While unfamiliar with the previous coaching regime, freshman Sarah Gallagher feels that Andry brings a certain electricity to the squad that she hasn’t seen in her previous coaches.

“He is always super fired up and loves competing and just passes on that energy to everyone else,” Gallagher said.

Coach Andry, and his fired-up Cardinals, will look to soar past the competition on October 3 at the Butler Fall Invitational, as he continues to fulfill his coaching dream. 

Contact Andy Newman with comments at asnewman2@bsu.edu