How Ball State's Cardinal Lanes will operate during the COVID-19 pandemic

<p>Ball State's Cardinal Lanes bowling center will be operating at 50 percent capacity throughout the fall 2020 semester. Its hours of operation will be limited to allow for appropriate sanitizing and disinfecting. <strong>Breanna Daugherty, DN File</strong></p>

Ball State's Cardinal Lanes bowling center will be operating at 50 percent capacity throughout the fall 2020 semester. Its hours of operation will be limited to allow for appropriate sanitizing and disinfecting. Breanna Daugherty, DN File

Ball State released the full operation recovery plan for the L.A. Pittenger Student Center Monday, detailing how the Student Center and its amenities — including the bowling alley Cardinal Lanes — will operate during the summer and fall 2020 semesters.

Cardinal Lanes will remain closed throughout the summer, the plan states. Prior to reopening in the fall, it will be cleaned and sanitized, after which bookings, including private parties, will be made at 50 percent capacity throughout the semester with the use of every other lane or an empty lane between groups.

The plan states Cardinal Lanes' operations will follow guidelines set by the United States Bowling Congress for operations of a bowling center during the COVID-19 pandemic.

It states staffing will be adjusted to adequately maintain sanitization of all areas including equipment as it is used. Hours of operation at the bowling center will be limited to allow time for appropriate sanitizing and disinfecting.