Gilbert Running for the Rams

MUNCIE, Ind. (NewsLink) - Former Ball State Running Back and Indianapolis native James Gilbert will be heading to Hollywood as he continues his football career.

Gilbert is one of 20 undrafted free agents who have signed a contract with the Los Angeles Rams.

Gilbert played four years at Ball State before transferring to Kansas State after he graduated in December 2018.

As a Cardinal, Gilbert played 38 games and started as running back in 21 of them. Gilbert reached the second highest total for rushing yards in Ball State history in a single game and gained a spot on the All-MAC first team in 2016 and became the 2016 Team MVP. During his last season, he led the Cardinals with 659 rushing yards and placed himself at seventh on Ball State’s all-time rushing list with 2,806 yards.

After becoming a Wildcat for one season, Gilbert had 115 rushing yard his first game with Kansas State and ranked seventh in the Big-12 in rushing yards per game. He finished his college career ranking eleventh nationally for career rushing touchdowns and had over 3,000 rushing yards at the end his college football career.

For any comments or concerns, contact the author at imbutts@bsu.edu.