2nd death reported in Indiana due to COVID-19

<p>This illustration, created at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), reveals ultrastructural morphology exhibited by coronaviruses. A novel coronavirus, named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), was identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China, in 2019. The illness caused by this virus has been named coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). <strong>CDC, Photo Courtesy</strong></p>

This illustration, created at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), reveals ultrastructural morphology exhibited by coronaviruses. A novel coronavirus, named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), was identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China, in 2019. The illness caused by this virus has been named coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). CDC, Photo Courtesy

In a press release, the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) announced Tuesday morning that a second death due to COVID-19 was reported in Johnson County.

The patient was over 60 years old and had already been previously hospitalized, according to the press release.

On Monday, ISDH announced the first death in the state due to COVID-19 in Marion County.

ISDH has received six new positive cases for COVID-19, two each from Marion County, Lake County and Franklin County, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Indiana up to 30 out of 159 total tests conducted by ISDH, according to the press release.