Muncie Bridge Dinner to take place this week

Muncie's 2nd Bridge Dinner was hosted on the Washington Street Bridge on April 26. Madeline Grosh, DN

Washington Street Bridge will be closed to traffic this Thursday for the annual community-wide dinner.

Muncie's Bridge Dinner will take place 5:30-7:30 p.m. Sept. 19 on the bridge featuring local food and drink options for purchase, live music and items for sale, according to an email from Ball State Communications Center.

Ball State will be offering a free shuttle service from Sursa Hall at 5:15 and 5:30 p.m. and from the bridge at 7:30 and 7:45 p.m.

According to the email, the event will feature:

• Local food and drink options for purchase: Sea Salt and Cinnamon, The Big Easy, Karma Kitchen, Payne's Restaurant, Speedy Dogs, Bluebirds and Sons, Barking Cow, and Guardian Brewing Co.
  • Live music by Muncie Community Schools' Central Jazz Band and The Bashville Boys
  • Muncie items for sale from Muncie Map Co., 107block, Muncie Art Farm, Tribune Showprint, Speak Munsee and CityTees
  • Centerpieces by Foister's Flowers & Gifts and Burris Laboratory School second graders
  • One-of-a-kind view of the bridge, White River Greenway, and White River
  • Easy pedestrian and biking access from the White River Greenway, with parking available within walking distance at Tuhey Park and behind the Rutter Communication building.