Businesses to host $2 tour in the Village

<p>The Village will be holding a $2 tour of its business Aug. 24, 2019. Ball State is one of the sponsors of the event.<strong> Eric Pritchett, DN Illustration</strong></p>

The Village will be holding a $2 tour of its business Aug. 24, 2019. Ball State is one of the sponsors of the event. Eric Pritchett, DN Illustration

In an effort to attract Ball State students, especially incoming freshmen, businesses in the Village are getting together to host the inaugural $2 Tour of the Village.

From 4-8 p.m. Saturday, participating businesses will offer $2 samples to the attendees at the event being held on University Avenue between Dill and Martin streets.

“The idea is to come to Village, stop at the location and see what they have for $2. And if you’re interested, buy it,” said Nancy Carlson, retired Ball State professor and member of the neighborhood association’s events committee.

Based on Indiana State Fair’s $2 Tuesdays, Carlson said, the first 100 people to arrive through the event’s gates will receive $2.

Attendees will also be given 500 “passports,” or pieces of paper like a Bingo card, which people can checkmark and enter a drawing to win door prizes like Yeti mugs and $20 gift certificates for restaurants. The event is free admission and will also feature live entertainment from local bands

“We hope that a lot of people will come because the price is right,” Carlson said. “We want the freshmen to see what the Village has to offer. It’s good for the university, it’s good for the Village merchants and it’s good for Riverside-Normal City Neighborhood Association to have a relationship with students.”

According to a campus-wide email sent Tuesday, some of the business taking part in the event and their offers are:

Queer Chocolatier: $2 horchata

Art Mart: $2 goodie bags

Be Here Now: $2 drink specials

Chavas: $2 hard-shell taco

China Express: $2 spring roll

Hoku Poke: $2 tea

Smoke Shop: $2 lighter

Sunsation Tanning: $2 sample lotions

ScreenBroidery: $2 T-shirts

Roots Burger Bar: $2 ice cream cone

BSU and Muncie Rentals: free T-shirts

Brothers Bar & Grill: $2 mini cheese curds

CrossFit White River: $2 sunglasses, protein bars, energy drinks

The Cup: $2 bagel and cream cheese, any flavor

Ultra Image Tanning: $2 tans

Insomnia Cookies: $2 for 2 traditional cookies

TIS Bookstore: $2 T-shirts

Greek’s: $2 slices of pizza

White Rabbit: $2 book specials

Jimmy John’s: $2 frenchie sandwiches & free pickle shots

Body Language Tattoo & Piercing: $2 temporary tattoos / 10 $2 cartilage piercings

Village Green Records: $2 record specials

Village Promenade: free tours

National Guard: $2 T-shirts

Lash Boutique: $2 special

The Chug: $2 Hams