NewsLink exclusive- Tayler Persons reflects on incredible basketball career

Redshirt senior Tayler Persons takes a shot at John E. Worthen Arena Feb. 23, 2019. Persons had 11 points in the game. Jacob Haberstroh,DN.

MUNCIE, Ind. (NewsLink) -  Tayler Persons is continuing to represent Ball State Basketball after being selected to play in the 2019 Dos Equis 3x3U National Championship. The event is set to take place on April 5-7 in the Mall of America in Minnesota.

The tournament is made up of four senior players that are no longer eligible to play college basketball from each of the 32 Division 1 conferences. Teams are competing to for a $100,000 prize pool, where the winning team would take home $100,000 between the four.

Persons has made a lasting impact on Ball State basketball, selected to an All-MAC team in all three years he played for the Cardinals.

The Kokomo, Indiana native tallied over 2,000 points and 500 assists in his collegiate career (between one year at Northern Kentucky and three years at Ball State). He started in every single game at Ball State, second only to Ray McCallum on the history list for consecutive starts.

NewsLink Indiana’s Josh Shelton sat down with Persons to reflect on his career and find out what the future holds for the Cardinal guard in a NewsLink Indiana exclusive interview.