Ball State suspends search for Teachers College dean

<p>Ball State Teachers is suspending the search for a Teachers College dean for the second time. Interim dean Roy Weaver will continue his position into the next year. &nbsp;<strong>Brynn Mechem, DN File</strong></p>

Ball State Teachers is suspending the search for a Teachers College dean for the second time. Interim dean Roy Weaver will continue his position into the next year.  Brynn Mechem, DN File

According to an email sent to the campus community from Susana Rivera-Mills, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs, after "extensive considerations," Ball State President Geoffrey Mearns and Rivera-Mills have decided to suspend the search.

Rivera-Mills said the reason for the suspension was because the university did "not find the candidates to be a good fit for Teachers College."

Roy Weaver, the Teachers College interim dean, will continue to serve this position for another year, according to the email.

"I am deeply appreciative of Roy’s commitment and passion to the work of the college and his support of faculty, staff, and students," Rivera-Mills said in the email. 

According to previous Daily News reports, the first Teachers College dean search closed April 2017 after Dean John Jacobson left the position. Afterwards, Weaver was selected as the interim dean of the college.

This school year's search began in late November to recruit and evaluate possible candidates for the position. Interviews were then conducted throughout February and March. Rivera-Mills said the search will be revisited early fall.