An overview of Ball State's 2019 SGA election

<p>The three slates running in Ball State's 2019 Student Government Association (SGA) Election have made several promises to the students in the form of their platform points. SGA, whose purpose is to serve as a voice for the students to the university, has impacted Ball State through its legislation. &nbsp;<strong>Photos: Scott Fleener, DN; Graphic: Emily Wright, DN</strong></p>

The three slates running in Ball State's 2019 Student Government Association (SGA) Election have made several promises to the students in the form of their platform points. SGA, whose purpose is to serve as a voice for the students to the university, has impacted Ball State through its legislation.  Photos: Scott Fleener, DN; Graphic: Emily Wright, DN

With voting for Ball State's 2019 Student Government Association (SGA) Elections underway, here's a guide to student voters regarding information about the three competing slates:

How Ball State students can vote?
Students can vote online from 8 a.m. Monday to 5 p.m. Tuesday through the campus-wide email sent by the Office of Student Life or on campus 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at one of the three polling booths.

Slate endorsements
A list of endorsements by Ball State students and organizations of the slates.

All 3 slates fined for campaign violations
All three slates were fined for campaign violations by SGA's Elections Board. Empower was fined $125, Elevate $100 and United $50.

SGA presidents reflect on terms
Former SGA Presidents Jack Hesser (2015-16), James Wells (2016-17) and Isaac Mitchell (2018-present) reflected on their terms in SGA and offered guidance to the potential 2019-20 executive slate. 

Platform points fact-checked
The Daily News fact-checked all the platform points of the three SGA slates to evaluate how feasible they were.

Presidential Town Hall Debate
At the Presidential Town Hall Debate, the presidential candidates from the three slates answered audience questions asked in-person or via social media, Feb. 19.

All-Slate Debate
At the All-Slate Debate all candidates from the three slates were invited to answer campus and SGA-related questions, Feb. 18.

Presidential and VP Debate
Presidential and vice presidential candidates answered questions about subjects ranging from gender-inclusive housing to sexual assaults on Ball State’s campus, Feb. 14.

SGA slates' platform points
The three slates released their platform points between Feb. 12-13.

Ball State's SGA 2019 Elections guide
Information about candidates from each slate and an explanation of how the election works. 

Three slates kickoff campaign at Nominations Convention
The three slates — Empower, Elevate and United — announced their campaigns at the SGA Nominations Convention Feb. 12.

Schedule of the SGA Election
A breakdown of dates student’s should remember in the weeks leading up to voting.