Ball State sees flooding around campus, no damages reported

<p>Police barricades and standing water near Kinghorn Hall and the Health Center, on Tuesday, April 3, 2018. <strong>Andrew Smith, DN Photo</strong></p>

Police barricades and standing water near Kinghorn Hall and the Health Center, on Tuesday, April 3, 2018. Andrew Smith, DN Photo

After multiple severe weather warnings were sent out Tuesday, Muncie is back to somewhat normal springtime weather Wednesday. 

RELATED: April showers bring Muncie floods

However, that wasn't before the university saw high water levels and storm-related issues across campus. 

"To my knowledge we have no damage, what we had was a lot of clean up, which we’re fortunate," said Jim Lowe, associate vice president for facilities planning and management. "Which means our staff is prepared the staff that we have in facilities, planning and management, the staff we have in housing, the staff we have in sports facilities, they’re ready. 

"We’ve been gearing up with vacuums that can extract the water quickly, brooms that we can put near the doorways to keep the water from actually coming in."

While Lowe said to his knowledge the campus didn't receive any storm-related damages, there were areas across campus where water got into buildings. 

Bracken Library, Applied Technology Building, Burkhardt Building, Arts and Communications Building, Fine Arts Building, Cooper Physical Science Building, Teachers College, Burris Laboratory School and the Ball State Student Recreation and Wellness Center all had some form of standing water Tuesday. 

Despite high wind speeds, the Health Professions Building wasn't damaged. Although, Lowe did say there may have been some materials stored on the ground of the work site that could've blown around throughout the night.  

RELATED: College of Health Professions Building groundbreaking on Thursday

READ MORE: Construction continues throughout various parts of campus

"To my knowledge its minor clean up, drying out placing fans. We did have a little bit of water, but no damage that I would define as damage," Lowe said. 

Contact Mary Freda with comments at mafreda@bsu.edu or on Twitter @Mary_Freda1.