The Year in Review: Byte's Top-Reviewed Games of 2017

by Emily Reuben, Nolan Leahy, Aidan Kearney, Tanner Kinney  Another year of Byte reviews allowed us to shine a light once again on a wealth of games worth playing. Sure, there were some duds, but the masterpieces far outweighed them. The year 2017 featured improvements on recent installments of the Destiny and Sonic franchises, plus a spectacular first-year showing for the Nintendo Switch including obligatory new beauties in the Mario and Zelda departments. And with Cuphead bringing some mainstream attention to a brand-new indie studio, the future of independent gaming has never looked brighter.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild Breath of the Wild Emily Reuben Click here to read our original review of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Sonic Mania

Sonic 4 Sonic Mania Nolan Leahy Click here to read our original review of Sonic Mania.

Destiny 2

Destiny 2 Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Destiny 2’s Destiny 2 Aidan Kearney Click here to read our original review of Destiny 2.

Persona 5

Persona 5 Persona 5 Tanner Kinney Click here to read our original review of Persona 5.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Danganronpa, Tanner Kinney Click here to read our original review of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.

Cuphead

Cuphead Cuphead  Tom and Jerry The Iron Giant. Cuphead Nolan Leahy Click here to read our original review of Cuphead.

Super Mario Odyssey

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Banjo Tooie Super Mario Sunshine Odyssey Super Mario 64 Super Mario Galaxy Nolan Leahy Click here to read our original review of Super Mario Odyssey.