Ball State women's basketball beats Tennessee State

Ball State freshman Maliah Howard-Bass shoots two during the Cardinals’ game against Lipscomb on Nov. 15 in John E. Worthen Arena. Howard-Bass had nine points. Paige Grider, DN

With a 85-65 victory over Tennessee State, Ball State women's basketball continued its best start in over a decade.

The Cardinals had their third straight impressive offensive performance, scoring above 80 points again while controlling the game from start to finish to move to 5-0 for the first time in 2006.

Ball State shot over 50 percent from the field for the second game in-a-row and held Tennessee State to just 35 percent shooting.

The Cardinals were even better from deep, shooting 55 percent from beyond the arc and shot a season-high 75 percent from the line.

Senior guard Frannie Frazier and freshman guard Maliah Howard-Bass led the Ball State offense, scoring 20 and 19. Tennessee State held junior guard Carmen Grande in check, as she only scored two points but dished out eight assists in 23 minutes of play.

The Tigers were led by forward Taylor Roberts, who scored 20 points and collected 10 rebounds to give the Ball State defense fits.

Junior guard Jazmin Samz made three-of-four triples for Ball State, while scoring 11 points on the game.

Now, the Cardinals begin a week off before returning home to play Butler on Nov. 29 at 7 p.m.