A quick guide to family weekend

<p>The Ball State Cardinals run onto the field at the beginning of the home opener game against Eastern Kentucky on Sept. 17 in Scheumann Stadium. Ball State heads to Illinois Saturday looking for its eighth consecutive season-opening victory. Grace Ramey, DN</p>

The Ball State Cardinals run onto the field at the beginning of the home opener game against Eastern Kentucky on Sept. 17 in Scheumann Stadium. Ball State heads to Illinois Saturday looking for its eighth consecutive season-opening victory. Grace Ramey, DN

Ball State's annual Family Weekend is just a few days away and the university has many events planned to help families get the full Ball State experience.

Here's a quick look at some of the weekend's events:

Friday, Sept. 15 

• T-shirt Sale: Family Weekend T-shirts will be on sale at the Student Center Campus Information Desk all weekend long for $10. 
  • Open Recreation: All guests will be able to use the facilities for free all weekend long.
  •  University Program Board Movie: UPB will present a free showing "Wonder Woman" at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. in Pruis Hall. 
  • 6th Annual School of Music Showcase: Celebrate Family Weekend with the School of Music as it presents a sampling of wind, orchestral, opera, chamber music, and choral ensembles in a concert showcasing its students in Sursa Performance Hall at 7:30 p.m. 
  • Rock and Bowl: 8:00pm Cardinal Lanes will be open for all students at families for free starting at 8 p.m. family. The night will contain cosmic bowling, eight billiards tables, a game area and a big screen viewing area. There will also be free pizza, popcorn and soda for the whole family. 

Saturday, Sept. 16 

• Chase Charlie 5k Run/Walk: Join the Ball State University sport administration program for the 15th annual Chase Charlie Races. Races start at 8:30 a.m. with registration open at 7 a.m. 
  • Children’s Fair/BINGO: There will be inflatables and carnival games for families to enjoy from 9-11 a.m. on the University Green. 
  • Bell Tower Recital: John Gouwens will perform at the base of the bell tower at 11 a.m. . After the show, he will take audience members into the Bell Tower for a tour and a different view of campus.
  •  Tailgating: Beginning at 11 a.m., park close to the stadium and enjoy game day festivities until kick off. 
  •  Five Dollar Family Fest: Join Ball State Dining in the upper concourse of LaFollette Square at noon for this annual family favorite lunch. The cost is $5 per person, but students can use a meal swipe. Ages 2 and under are free. 
  • Honors College Backyard Bash: 1:30pm-4:30pm The Honors faculty and staff are hosting a get-together in the backyard of the Honors House from 1:30-4:30 p.m. before heading over to the football game. 
  • Football Game: Watch the Cardinals take on Central Michigan at Scheumann Stadium. Kick-off is at 3 p.m. 
  • Late Nite: Be Our Guest: “Be Our Guest” is a fun-filled Disney themed Late Nite with games, bowling, food and more. It will run from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. 

Sunday, Sept. 17

• Brunch with Charlie: From 9 a.m. to noon, start the day with Charlie Cardinal at Noyer Dining. Charlie will be having breakfast with families and taking pictures for you to keep. Students with meal plans can bring two guests for breakfast with their breakfast swipe that morning, all other guests are $10.95 plus tax. Children ages 2-10 are $6.95 plus, and kids under the age of 2 are free.
  •  Ball State Family Weekend Golf Outing: Start your day with breakfast and a round of golf with your family or group of friends. This golf outing will be held at the Crestview Golf Club beginning at 9 a.m. There will be many door prizes to win. Register as a team for $200 or as an individual for $50. Fees include a round of golf, green fees, cart, free range balls, as well as breakfast and lunch for each golfer. 
  • David Owsley Museum of Art Community Day: The David Owsley Museum of Art welcomes families to view their art on self-guided tours from 1:30-4:30 p.m.