Ball State trustees to discuss diversity report, same-sex programs at next meeting

The Board of Trustees had a meeting on Jan. 29 in the Forum Room of the L.A. Pittenger Student Center. This was Interim President Terry King's first Board of Trustees meeting as the acting president. Students attended this meeting as sit-in in hopes to get answers as to why Dr. Ferguson resigned. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

The Board of Trustees will discuss the annual diversity report, approving a new undergraduate major of study and discontinuing the university's same-sex domestic partner programs at its next round of meetings on Friday.

The day starts at 8:30 a.m. and will continue with five other meetings in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center throughout the day.

Committee meetings allowing the public will be held at at 8:30, 8:45, 9 and 10:15 a.m. A general board meeting will also be open to the public at 2 p.m.

• 8:30 a.m.: Regular meeting — L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
    • The board will appoint an Academic and Student Affairs committee chair and an Audit and Compliance committee member.
  • 8:45 a.m.: Audit and Compliance committee meeting — L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
    • The committee will review investment audit reports and review the quarterly investment portfolio.
  • 9 a.m.: Finance, Facilities and Planning committee meeting — L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
    • The board will discuss changes to the university's Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association Trust (VEBA) and the discontinuation of same-sex domestic partner programs. The paid parental leave policy and adjustments to the sick leave policy will also be discussed.
    • Vice President Bernard Hannon will provide design information for the new golf facility and the Dr. Don Shondell Practice Center.
  • 10:15 a.m.: Academic and Student Affairs committee meeting — L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
    • The committee will be approve an undergraduate major in applied behavioral analysis with an emphasis in autism.
    • A university diversity update will be provided.
  • 1 p.m.: Executive session — L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room (closed to public)
    • The board will discuss classified documents and receive information about and interview prospective employees.
  • 2 p.m.: Regular meeting — L.A. Pittenger Student Center, Forum Room
    • The board will go over decisions made in the previous meetings.
    • The Student government Association will give a presentation, and Interim President Terry King will give a presidential report.