Young Justice is Returning for Third Season

by Meghan Duffy Fans of DC’s animated series, Young Justice, will rejoice. After its cancellation in 2013, Young Justice had been the center of many fan petitions to bring the series back. On the enthusiasm of the fans, Sam Register, the President of Warner Bros. Animation said, “The affection that fans have had for Young Justice, and their rallying cry for more episodes, has always resonated with us. We are excited to bring the show back for this loyal fanbase and to provide an opportunity for new viewers to discover this excellent series.” Young Justice follows teenaged sidekicks of the DC universe like Robin, Miss Martian, Artemis, Kid Flash, Superboy, and Aqualad as their own team, pitting them against super villain team ups that even the Justice League had trouble with. Its original run was from 2011 to 2013 on Cartoon Network and was cancelled due to low toy sales. Season three promises “new twists, turns and dangerous new threats for the team” according to a statement from DC animation. This new season will come from the same creative team, helmed by Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood) and Greg Weisman (Gargoyles). There has been no network or premiere date announced yet for season three. However, comments have been made in the past by the show creators that could point towards Netflix. As both seasons are already on the streaming platform and it has been the home for several animated series, like 2016’s Voltron and Ajin, Netflix seems like the likely choice.