Franko House named MAC West Player of the Week

<p>Ball State forward Franko House takes it to the basket in a game against Kent State earlier this season.&nbsp;House had 16 points in a comeback victory over Bowling Green on Feb. 2. <em>DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY</em></p>

Ball State forward Franko House takes it to the basket in a game against Kent State earlier this season. House had 16 points in a comeback victory over Bowling Green on Feb. 2. DN PHOTO BREANNA DAUGHERTY

Franko House game statistics

Points: 23

Assists: 3

Rebounds: 6

Turnovers: 4

Minutes: 27

Ball State men's basketball senior forward Franko House led the Cardinals with 23 points in a season opener win over Saint Louis. House's performance earned him the honors of Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week.

Head coach James Whitford said it's great that House got the honor so early in the year.

"He deserved it," Whitford said. "Last year, we didn't have one, so it was great to see us get on right out of the blocks."     

In the 85-64 win, House was 100 percent from behind the 3-point line making all four of his attempts. He added six rebounds and three assists. House scored the first 8 points for the Cardinals and scored his 23 points in 27 minutes.

Last season, House was named to the All-MAC Second Team and All-Defensive Team. 

House and the Cardinals return to Worthen Arena for the home opener at 7 p.m. Nov. 15, hosting in-state rival Indiana State.