Salvation Army hosts annual Red Kettle Campaign

<p>Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign will place volunteer bell-ringers outside Muncie Mall store fronts beginning Nov. 19. The Indiana Division of the Salvation Army hopes to raise $3.3 million in donations to provide&nbsp;shelter for women and children, winter coats for children, residential treatment and rehabilitation for those who suffer with addiction and meals for those in need.&nbsp;<i style="background-color: initial;">Salvation Army Indiana // Photo Courtesy</i></p>

Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign will place volunteer bell-ringers outside Muncie Mall store fronts beginning Nov. 19. The Indiana Division of the Salvation Army hopes to raise $3.3 million in donations to provide shelter for women and children, winter coats for children, residential treatment and rehabilitation for those who suffer with addiction and meals for those in need. Salvation Army Indiana // Photo Courtesy

Bell Ringing Locations in Muncie

• Big Lots: 1795 W. McGalliard Road
  • Hobby Lobby: 1801 W. McGalliard Road
  • Marsh: 1800 S. Burlington Dr.,1900 S. Hoyt Ave., 715 S. Tillotson Ave., 1900 N. Walnut St. and 1500 W. McGalliard Road
  • Muncie Mall: 3501 N. Granville Ave.
  • Rural King: 4000 W. Bethel Ave.
  • Walgreens: 400 E. Memorial Drive, 2720 W. Jackson St., 100 E. McGalliard Road and 3250 N. Morrison Road
  • Walmart: 1501 E. 29th St. and 4801 W. Clara Lane

Bell ringing in the Muncie community will begin tomorrow.

At 1 p.m. Nov. 19, the Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign will begin their annual efforts outside of Muncie Mall. Every year, volunteers stand outside of store fronts, often in the cold, to collect donations on behalf of the Salvation Army.

The Muncie Central High School pep band, North View Elementary School choir and Mayor Dennis Tyler will help begin the season of bell ringing. The pep band and choir will put on a performance and Tyler will be speaking.

According to Red Kettle Indiana, bell ringing funds provide shelter for women and children, winter coats for children, residential treatment and rehabilitation for those who suffer with addiction and meals for those in need.

The Indiana Division of the Salvation Army is hoping to raise $3.3 million is donations, with the Muncie branch hoping to reach a total of $130,000 by time bell ringing ends on Christmas Eve.

For those interesting in bell ringing, sign up online at registertoring.com. You may register to ring alone, or in a group. Contact 765-289-7924 with any further questions about bell ringing.