New director of dining services announced

Karen Adkins, Dinning Services
Karen Adkins, Dinning Services

Karen Adkins, interim director of dining services, has been named the new director of dining services and dining initiatives for Ball State, according to a university email.

Julie Hopwood, associate vice president for business and auxiliary services, announced Adkin's new position earlier today. 

"We are thrilled that [Adkins] has chosen to accept this critical leadership position. Her tremendous knowledge of Ball State dining services and her exceptional ability to both build on our outstanding traditions and integrate innovative and transformational dining trends is an exceptional asset to Ball State University. We look forward to a collaborative and inclusive future for Ball State dining services," Hogwood said in a university email.

According to the email, Adkins was chosen as the successful candidate after a national search to fill the director of dining services and dining initiatives position at Ball State and exceptionally qualified to build on the strong foundations of past distinguished Dining Directors, Ann Talley and the late Jon Lewis, who passed away last year.

Adkins, who is an alumna of Ball State, joined the university in 1986 as dining supervisor and has held the positions of assistant manager, manager, assistant director and director in dining and conferences and special events over the past 30 years.