YEAR IN REVIEW: What made Ball State memorable this year?

Happy Finals Week Cardinals!! 

Check out all the content for the Year-in-Review, from big news events, to important visitors to recaps of the sports teams. Remember to pick up the print copy of the Year-in-Review on newsstands to see the graduation messages to the Class of 2016. 

7 Top news events from the year

Johnson A opened for fall semester, there was a bomb scare at the Student Center and students started the Chirpfest musical festival. Read about seven events that made the news at Ball State this past year. 

President Ferguson leaves BSU after one year

President Paul W. Ferguson resigned on Jan. 25 with no public explanation, and the Board of Trustees appointed Provost Terry King as interim president.

The announcement that President Paul W. Ferguson will resign three and a half years before his contract is up came as a surprise and prompted calls for the university to explain what happened and be more open about the departure

Teh-Kuang Chang, Person of the Year

“I teach my students, and my children, three words: perseverance, creativity and inspiration.”

These are three of the most important words to Teh-Kuang Chang, the 2016 Ball State Person of the Year.

They describe not only the teachings he gives to his students and family, but his own life’s journey.

Remembering John J. Pruis and Jonathan Lewis

John J. Pruis, former president of Ball State, is remembered for his dedication to education and the community, and Jonathan Lewis, director of dining at Ball State, is remembered by family and friends for his friendly personality and dedication to Ball State and the surrounding community.

Who visited Ball State this year?

Read about 12 notable visitors who came to Ball State this school year, including David Letterman with Spike Jonze and Bennett Biller and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. 

Changes to BSU football program

Former Ball State quarterback Mike Neu returned to Muncie to take over as head coach of the Cardinals football program. Neu played for the Cardinals from 1990-93, and in his senior season he won the Mid-American Conference Vern Smith Award as the MAC’s most valuable player.

Top sports stories of the year

Alumni in the NFL, Northcroft and Shondell's resignation and Fontaine's record-breaking, see what sports stories made an impact this year. 

Sports seasons in review

Read recaps of Ball State's teams.