'Just Dance' organization comes to campus

PHOTO PROVIDED BY JACOB LOGEMAN
PHOTO PROVIDED BY JACOB LOGEMAN

How to get more information: 

Facebook: BSU Just Dance

Twitter: @bsujustdance

On Wednesday nights from 7-8 p.m., you can find students getting their groove on in the L.A. Pittenger Student Center with the new "Just Dance" organization. 

The organization was founded by junior telecommunications major Jacob Logeman.

Logeman said he decided to form the group after living in DeHority Complex last year, when he and some of his friends would meet every Sunday in the lounges and project "Just Dance" videos. They would dance around and de-stress for an hour in preparation of the upcoming week.

“It’d basically be almost like an exercise hour for us," he said. "I thought it was really cool because it kind of got us hyped for the upcoming week."

Logeman said he had so much fun on those evenings, so he wanted to make it a regular experience, and that’s why he decided to form the organization. He said his favorite part of "Just Dance" so far is seeing students break out of their comfort zones.

“One of the cool things I’ve started to see is at the beginning of the meeting, people are shy and don’t want to interact with other people, [but] by the end of the meeting they are all into [the dances] and are comfortable with each other,” he said.

Currently the organization has around 15 to 20 members who come regularly, but Logeman hopes membership will continue to increase. All students are welcome to join the group. 

Logeman said the atmosphere is very light-hearted and everyone is there to have a good time. Students can find more about the group such as meeting locations on its Facebook and Twitter sites.