No injuries in accident at Neely and McKinley avenues

<p>A two-car accident at McKinley and Neely avenues didn't result in any injuries.&nbsp;<em>DN PHOTO KELLEN HAZELIP</em></p>

A two-car accident at McKinley and Neely avenues didn't result in any injuries. DN PHOTO KELLEN HAZELIP

A collision at the intersection of Neely and McKinley avenues did not result in any injuries, according to officers on the scene.

University Police Sgt. Steven Jennings, the senior officer on the scene, said the two-car accident happened around 5 p.m., and officers were sent to the scene immediately after.

"The airbags deployed in both cars, but no one seems to be hurt," Jennings said.

Police called a Delaware County ambulance to the scene as a precaution, but no one was taken to IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital. Jennings said he could not say what caused the accident, but freshman undecided major Wade Williams said he saw the two cars collide.

While waiting to cross the street, Williams said he saw one car in the left turn lane moving south on McKinley Avenue. As the light went from yellow to red, the vehicle turning onto Neely Avenue was struck by another car moving north on McKinley.

"It looked pretty bad, but no one's hurt, so that's good," Williams said.

During the cleanup, officers blocked off Neely Avenue but McKinley Avenue remained open.

"We've got guys here cleaning this up, then the tow trucks should be here, too," Jennings said. "This should be cleaned up pretty quick."

The drivers of both vehicles were students at Ball State, however, neither wished to be identified or comment on the incident.