Responding to severe weather

WCRD Weather

MUNCIE, IN (WCRD Weather) -- One of the most important parts of severe weather week is learning how to respond to severe weather. There are many steps you as an individual can take, including enacting your family disaster plan and keeping a record of your families medical needs, just to name a few. However, there are many other agencies across the state that take action to respond to severe weather. These included the National Weather Service (NWS), Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS), the Red Cross, local emergency services, and the media. All of these organizations have an important role to play in responding to severe weather. For more information about the steps each of these groups takes during severe weather check out the following report filed by WCRD Forecasters Molly Coates, Ethan Rosuck, and Caleb Saylor. 

Severe weather week continues tonight during Live @ 5 with another installment which will focus on severe weather recovery. Remember to tune in to 91.3 WCRD on-air or online to listen in, or check back online for more information throughout the week. Also do not forget to listen to our Severe Weather Special, airing Friday at 5:30 pm, following WCRD News Live @ 5.